Day 14 5/14/19

Today was focused on my forge work. I spent about two hours working on another one of my smaller collaboration projects. This piece is a series of three small pinch pots held by steel legs attached to rings.
 

 


I used a very thin steel rod to heat and hammer into a circle. I achieved the shape by hitting it around a horn for a more uniform curve. The legs were actually quite easy, as I cold forged most of the bends. I only needed to heat the steel to smooth out any unwanted ripples in the rod. I welded each leg on and ground the excess steel off the top. I have one completely finished and need to make legs for both others. I also made an excursion to concord to pick up some sheet copper to use on another one of my projects, serving spoons.

Today's hours: 4

Total hours: 46

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First weekly recap!

Day 8