Work Day 17 5/17/19

Today began in the forge by bees waxing all of my currently finished sculptures. I started with the stool I constructed spring term. A blow torch was used to heat the steel and then melted bees wax was poured over each sculpture. I used a towel to dry the artworks and wipe off any excess wax. I only have a photo of the stool for now.














As far as ceramics go, I am wrapping things up. I am done making new pieces and all of my current pieces have been glazed and re-fired. All that's left to do now, is finish combining any of the collaboration projects with a steel aspect.



 
 



Featured above are the half dome shaped parts of my second major piece, the lampshade which will sit on a steel base, and a black and plain bowl. Unfortunately, the pots designed for the garden sculpture will not be making any kind of showing at express fest on account of the fact that they exploded in the kiln. However, I still see this as an absolute win. This is because I plan to get into the ceramics hobby after high school so I know exactly how to improve upon this pot design next time.

Today's hours: 1 1/2

Total hours: 53


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First weekly recap!

Day 8